Receives the Highest Scores Possible in Current Offering, Market Presence, and Strategy
Bangkok, 30 July 2020 — Nutanix (NASDAQ: NTNX), a leader in enterprise cloud computing, today announced it has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Q3 2020, published by Forrester Research, Inc. The report evaluated 11 HCI vendors on Strategy, Market Presence and Current Offering and Nutanix was positioned as a leader with the highest scores possible across all categories. These results are consistent with other independent market research, all of which conclude that Nutanix is an undisputed leader in the fast-growing HCI market, possessing an impressive strategy that is driving innovation in the datacenter and cloud markets.
“Our focus at Nutanix has always been to make computing invisible, starting with the datacenter and now expanding to clouds as we move to an increasingly hybrid and multicloud world,” said Dheeraj Pandey, Co-founder and CEO of Nutanix. “We believe this focus is a key aspect of our leadership position in the market, along with our continued hyperfocus on solving our customers’ key IT pain points, something even more important now that demands on IT have spiked as a result of COVID-19.”
The Forrester Wave report cites that Nutanix has been ranked as a leader for its vision to serve enterprise IT beyond just HCI due to its continual innovation, R&D investment, strong sales momentum, partnerships, and acquisition of new customers from all segments and geographies. Additional highlights include:
• Highest ranked vendor for current offerings across platform support, storage services, scalability, manageability, and ease of operations.
• Highest ranked vendor for market presence across partners and among highest ranked for installed base.
• Among the highest ranked vendors for strategy across customer feedback and product strategy.
The Forrester Wave is Forrester’s evaluation of top products in a specific market, assessing each vendor’s capabilities and product strategy to meet current and emerging market needs. The rigorous research includes an in-depth evaluation of features and technology, extensive customer interviews, detailed demonstrations and examination of product capabilities, technical investigation of product roadmaps, and an overall evaluation partnership strategies, go-to-market readiness, and financial strength.
“Being recognized in the Forrester Wave confirms Nutanix an undisputed leader in HCI market. It’s gratifying to have our efforts in simplifying IT infrastructure and continuously innovating and supporting customers acknowledged. Nutanix HCI offers a flexible cloud platform to meet customers’ needs now and into the future,” said Thawipong Anotaisinthawee, Country Manager, Nutanix (Thailand).
This news comes on the heels of continued strong momentum from Nutanix, including:
• Continued expansion of customer base: Nutanix continues to expand its customer base and ended the third quarter of fiscal 2020 with 16,580 customers. In addition to its growing market presence, Nutanix continues to delight its customers, maintaining a 97% retention rate, a 132% dollar net expansion rate, and a 90 Net Promoter Score (NPS).
• Product innovation: Nutanix continues to focus on innovating its HCI software, most recently announcing new solutions to enable IT teams to deploy, upgrade and troubleshoot cloud software from anywhere – Foundation Central, Insights and Lifecycle Manager – all available to Nutanix HCI customers at no additional cost. The company also recently delivered new capabilities in its HCI software to simplify advanced business continuity, and continues to support customers as they navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Reaching 84 percent of billings from subscription: Nutanix continued its transition to a subscription-based business model, with subscription revenue representing 84% of total revenue as of Q3 of fiscal year 2020. This model gives customers more flexibility in how they procure and consume HCI software, to meet specific business and IT needs, along with the freedom to move their software and software licenses to different hardware, and preventing lock-in that is prevalent with other IT vendors.
For a copy of the Forrester Wave for Hyperconverged Infrastructure, please visit: https://www.nutanix.com/go/forrester-wave-2020